does anyone find this kind of weird??

missy_chick_420
missy_chick_420
08/10/2001 1:18 am
at kurt cobains funeral love was bitchin at him.she read his suicide letter at the funeral he said "i feel guilty beyond words about these things for example, when we`re backstage and the lights go out and the roar of the crowd begins,it doesn`t affect me the way in which it did for freddie mercury who seemed to love and relish the love and adoration or the crowd"

courtney paused and said "well kurt so ****ing what then don`t be a star.you asshole"
I mean if she even gave a **** she wouldn`t have even read the letter at his funeral. I don`t know about you but i don`t think he killed him self, theres more to it!!
missy
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/10/2001 3:38 am
Sounds to me like you aught to check out a tune by Primus called "Coat Tails of a Dead Man." It's on the album Antipop. Tom Waits sits in on the mellowtron and for backing vocals... pretty cool stuff.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
08/10/2001 3:49 am
Just like everyone else, Courtney love has her own special ways in expressing herself, in expressing her pain and her enjoyment. Just because we don't necessarily understand where she's coming from, that doesn't mean that we should hold her at fault, and create even more ludicrous speculations that she had something to do with her husbands death.

Personally, I think the conspiracy theories come from the fact that emotinally distraught people have a hard time dealing qwiyth Kurt Cobain's death. It's the emotional loss, not the scientific facts that make people want to believe that.

And with the overall court case surrounding the release of the Nirvana box set, well I'm sure we have mixed feelings pertaining to this subject matter. Go here: http://www.livenirvana.com/documents/index.html click on the pencil pages (editorial #11) this guy is a good thinker and tries to look at this situation through all corners...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/10/2001 10:35 pm
Well, I myself don't have that much of an opinion on weather or not Kurt killed himself or was murdered. Their are a few things to consider though: At the time of his death he had enough heroin in him that he probably would have died from it... also meaning he would have had one rough time pulling the trigger. Second, these rumors started popping up when (somebody will remember this guy's name... but I can't) claimed that Courtney offered to pay him to kill Kurt... soon after he was hit by a train. Now what all of that means, I can't say.
What I can say is that I agree with Les Claypool: Courtney has used Kurts fame and death to her advantage as much as possible.

He wasn't lookin' for fanfare or fame but it all came around just the same. He then met a girl with desire in her eye, he gave her love, she took his name.

The times they were good, the times they were bad, most times it was just in between. The hard pill he swallowed was the times that they had, she put on display for all to be seen.

Some find their solace in work or the lord, she was quite content in her dream. When his eyes they burned from the bright lime light, he found comfort in the bottle of Ol' Jimmy Beam.

One day from the depths of his deep darkened hole, he reached out for something to feel. She offered back nothin' but lack of respect so he left himself out with two barrels of steel.

She cried in the day, she cried in the night. She cried loudest when someone was near. Whether crying for him or she cried for herself, the bigger the camera, the bigger the tear.

Most folks agree that she was living a hell and publicly she showed her pain. And never once was there a thought for herself, and the ever-growing slices of fortune and fame.

Now on the coattails of a dead man she'll ride
On the coattails of a dead man she'll ride.
On the coattails of a dead man she'll ride, she'll ride
On the coattails of a dead man she'll ride, she'll ride high.

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
hendrix_jimi
hendrix_jimi
08/13/2001 2:04 pm
Go here: http://www.livenirvana.com/documents/index.html click on the pencil pages (editorial #11) this guy is a good thinker and tries to look at this situation through all corners...

umm, aren't you the one who wrote those editorials, Joseph?
excuse me, but i must kiss the sky
# 5
Joseph
Joseph
08/15/2001 2:03 am
Originally posted by hendrix_jimi
[quote] umm, aren't you the one who wrote those editorials, Joseph?

Yes, I've been writing these for quite some time now. It's an interesting website, be sure to check it our for all it's worth.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
# 6
Joseph
Joseph
08/15/2001 2:05 am
:), just out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever seen Nirvana In concert?
www.ragmagazine.com
# 7
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/15/2001 10:09 pm
No, but I have seen a video with several live scenes...
Seems like they were the kind of band that was really solid when everybody had their head on... really crappy when they were all on something.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/16/2001 3:48 am
Originally posted by Joseph
click on the pencil pages (editorial #11) this guy is a good thinker and tries to look at this situation through all corners...

-Joseph

BadHorsie wants to know if you always talk in third person. :)
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 9
Joseph
Joseph
08/16/2001 6:45 pm

BadHorsie wants to know if you always talk in third person. :)

Eh, I just wanted to see who would notice first.

But yeah speaking of NIRVANA, I once had an opportunity to see one of their concerts early in 1994, and for reasons beyond belief I passed up the opportunity, (family problems etc.) And then the news came of Kurt's passing, and you guys have no idea how badly I felt after that, it's almost like never having the chance to say goodbye to a close friend. So, if you guys are really itching to see a concert, come to the relization that they wont be around for ever, and sometimes you can't always be the good guy when it comes to handling matters at home or with your friends or family. Realize that we all have to stop allowing our friends to use us as crutches, being that they have to figure out things on their own sometimes. And we have to stop feeling guilty for not being so perfect all of the time...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/16/2001 10:23 pm
I have a friend who almost passed up a chance to see SRV on his last pass through our area. He's glad now that he did because Stevie died not long after.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 11
Joseph
Joseph
08/17/2001 3:41 am
Although I never saw SRV in concert, I know many different friends who have, and believe me it's something that they never stop talking about. Only once every ten years or so there comes along this amazing musician who plays straight from the heart, and there's nothing like absorbing the vibes from an experience like that. It can change your life completely...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 12
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
08/17/2001 3:01 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Courtney has used Kurts fame and death to her advantage as much as possible.

Well . . . can't blame her for being an opportunist.
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/18/2001 6:58 am
I really wish I had the chance to see SRV, I was too young to really appreaciate the man when he died.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 14
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
08/22/2001 4:07 am
BadHorsie was also too young to appreciate Stevie.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.