busting my nut?

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
07/08/2006 11:25 am
ignore whatever connotations the title may bring ...

The nut on my fancy ESP LTD F-500 has a bit of an issue. the smallest string (minor e) looks like it's carved it's way out of the nutand it just keeps falling out.

I'm going to take it to a techie on monday in london (which will cost ****LOADS of money) but i'm wondering do you reckon it'd need a new nut? any body had experience with this kind of thing... covered by ESP warrantY?\

BTW i'ts a gibson style nut with the little grooves that the strings fit through.
# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
07/08/2006 4:44 pm
Yep, this has happened to me. The nut on my Epi SG broke all the way through. Yet replacing it really wasn't that hard. I guess the most care should be taken when removing the old one (as not to scratch or peel surrounding finish). I'd recommend going for a pre-slotted one if you can.

Click here for my post when it happened to me. There's a few links in there that might help.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
07/09/2006 12:29 am
for mine it was only the little string, so this mornin after my panic attack i just got to gribs, got a knife from the kitchen and just sliced a bit into the nut to make a bigger groove for the little string so it wouldn't fall out of the slope it had created, and bingo its fine. it's not a definite solution so i guess a graphite or better quality nut is in order soon, i'll just have to see.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.