Men and Woman drivers...?

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
07/06/2006 11:06 am
i know a few retarded guys who get high and drive at 150km/h and think they're big men. its compensation, compensation for not being able to get that kind of rush in other parts of their life, not just for their penis size and self esteem.
# 1
ren
ren
07/06/2006 11:08 am
My insurance is approx $2000 a year.... :eek:

Ouch! I can admit to being a typical bloke at the wheel though - drive way too fast and get impatient with people who drive slower. I've never had an accident though.... and my car is fast enough I can get past people easily.

Depending on the situation, lack of speed can be as bad as too much. Every day I see people driving their cars on the motorway at about 80mph about a metre apart. Sometimes I drive slower than that, sometimes way faster but never with any other traffic anywhere near me...

To be honest, the very old and very young are more of a concern than the 'man v woman' driving debate. My grandad is 80, has a license still, but cannot turn his head to the right! He spends much of the time driving pretty much blind on one side, and I haven't been with him in a car for years...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
07/06/2006 11:14 am
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspTo be honest, the very old and very young are more of a concern than the 'man v woman' driving debate. My grandad is 80, has a license still, but cannot turn his head to the right! He spends much of the time driving pretty much blind on one side, and I haven't been with him in a car for years...

Yeah that sounds scary... It was brought up here once that after a certain age they would bring in manditory testing every couple of years... to try and stop the elderly with deteriorating abilities from driving. Of course it was shot down, siting discrimination and such...

We do however now have a graduated licensing for the new drivers, which they have a period of time after they take their test where they can't night drive, or have more than one passenger...
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 3
ren
ren
07/06/2006 11:37 am
In the UK once you pass 70 you have to re-take your test, and then again at 3 year intervals I believe.

I've no idea how he passes each time. We keep telling him he's gonna kill himself, but he's all 'independant'.. which really means stubborn.... :rolleyes:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
07/06/2006 12:20 pm
in aus they make u retake your test every couple of years once u hit a certain age. well at least in W.aus
# 5
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
07/06/2006 1:13 pm
I think they should make everyone take their test every few years, not just older people but everyone... because I think some people just passed that test by luck... and people develop bad habits over time.

Yeah it would be a pain to have to take that test every few years, but I think the roads would be safer because of it. Driving is a privilege not a right.
# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
07/06/2006 1:26 pm
ive had pretty bad accidents in the past...thats one of the reasons why i kinda stopped...because i had to pay my parents back for damages..now its like a phobia..

*runs and cowers in corner
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
07/06/2006 11:56 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraIf I had a car I would really have no desire to "see how fast it goes".

A motorcycle on the other hand...

motorcycles are a death wish on wheels...

and a travelling meat loaf on steel

hmm
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 8
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
07/07/2006 12:02 am
I have my motorcycle license... Although I don't have a motorcycle.. lol
# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/07/2006 2:30 am
I lost a friend to a drunk driver who wanted to see how fast his car could go. He was only 17. The guy who was resposible is still in prison I believe.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/07/2006 6:28 am
I have no need to "see how fast my car can go" I can just go look it up on the internet! I know my car has a speed limiter at about 125 mph... heh heh. anyway, I think it's all these wanna-be racers who drive their honda's around like maniacs that usually cause accidents and bring a bad name for males ages 16-25. from what I've seen, typically a male is an overall better driver, females tend to make those small mistakes, or tend to be talking on the cell phone more often, whereas guys tend to drive a little faster, but don't tailgate or piss off other driver's as much. now I'm not sexist or anything, there are, of course, exceptions where the man will be a terrible driver or try to drive 110 on the freeway or a female will be an uber-safe driver.

my insurance, being a male 16-year-old driver with a "sports car" made my parent's insurance go up like $1700... I think that's every 6 months. anyway, when they added my sister and her 2002 honda civic, it went up like $600. and after she totaled that, it doubled to $1200, still less than mine... she also has a speeding ticket and I've got no tickets or accidents. next semester I get a discount for being a full-time college student though (I was only part time last year) so, woohoo I guess...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.