Hello to all!

Jack Tamble
Jack Tamble
08/09/2001 1:04 am
Hello all, im new to G.T.F as of yesterday. My name is Jack and im a 27 yr old male guitar player from Wisconsin, USA. Umm, I have played guitar off and on for 15 years now. I should be a lot better than i actually am because of the "off and on". I am able to improvise over intermediate progressions and have a pretty good understanding of the theory behind music. Unfortunatly i lack motivation. I play in "spurts" that sometimes last a month, then i might not play for 2. The old 1 step forward and 2 back-every door i open i seem to linger outside for so long the wind blows it shut again.
Anyway, i wanted to introduce myself, sorry to get so deep on ya's rite away. Hello again!

Jack
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning"
# 1
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
08/09/2001 6:04 pm
Hi, good to meet you.

If you want to get out of the spurt playing try this:-
when sat at home watching T.V for example sit with the guitar on your knee, once its there you have to play somthing.

I gave this advise to a pal sometime ago and he has since thanked me and said it worked.

I think the main trick is to play harder when you feel you can't be bothered, as we can all do it when were in the mood, its doing or playing when were not that seperates us from the rest.

But in life if you want to you will and if you don't you won't.

Oh, non of us are as good as we want to be alas.
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 2
Hootayah
Hootayah
08/09/2001 7:59 pm
Make the guitar readily available too. If it's sitting out in the open you're more likely to play it than if it's locked away in the case at the back of a closet somewhere.
Hey you kids! Get outta that Jello tree!! :mad:
# 3
Jack Tamble
Jack Tamble
08/09/2001 9:41 pm
Thank u guys for the good advice. Hootayah is definatly right about having your guitar accessable. I used to keep it in the case and never played it-out of site, out of mind. But i bought some wall hangers, and i find i do reach for it more now.
I have found Fenderblues to be right too. Definatly works w/ tv. With friends over they get mad tho cause I leave to that "other world" when i play. Thank u both.
I think a lot of my problem, is the procedure needed to get ready 4 serious practice session. Tuning, Plugging this to that into this and over to that, stretching the weary wrists good, finding the music and or cd, warming up, you know. I was trying to get in a good 2 hours a day(not much i know, but wife, kids, job, you know...) and i stuck to it for a good 15-16 days, then i burned out. The procedure killed me. But iguess Fenderblues kinda adresses this too.
Also, this darned computer addiction isnt getting any better...

Thanx again

Jack
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning"
# 4
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
08/10/2001 7:18 pm
glad to be of some help
While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 5
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
08/10/2001 9:19 pm
I personally would recommened getting a multi effects box, it just gives guitar playing a new leas of life. Be warned though you'll find your self sitting down for hours trying to get different settings instead of playing...
(i'm new too, registered about 5 minutes ago)...
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.