View post (since there is a thunderstorm in NOVA right now (cell phone related))

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
06/27/2006 3:55 pm
I think it depends largely on the person. I myself, don't find it difficult at all to talk on a cell phone and drive at the same time... especially with a hands free unit. I drive with one arm all the time.... A year or so ago when I was still playing baseball in college my right shoulder always hurt so bad that I got use to driving with one arm all the time. I think that a large factor in traffic accidents involving cell phones stems from the large increase in the amount of children and adultst that develope Attention Defecit Disorder. There have been plenty of studies to show that ADD has been on the rise for the last 15 years. Steadily climbing almost exponentially. I believe that could possibly have something to do with it... I mean no offense to anyone who has the disorder. I have a lot of friends that suffer from it.

My point is that it varies from person to person and their specific abilities to multitask and their brains capacity to process information continuously...