View post (since there is a thunderstorm in NOVA right now (cell phone related))

View thread

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/26/2006 2:16 am
I thought I'd share this bit of information, which I found amusing and sad.

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060623074409990004&cid=2446

The cell phone craze is ridiculous. Everyone I know uses a cell phone. I don't understand the whole idea. I know it some cases it may come in useful, and if you don't have one you might end up very angry at yourself. How often are these situation going to occur.
People driving with cell phones also presents another danger. I mean how important is a phone call that you have to endanger yourself, and the drivers around you. The only place I know of that gabbing on the phone and driving is illegal at is in the Washington D.C. With slow moving traffic there, I'd consider it one of the less dangerous places to drive and talk. On interstates and highways, it just seems ridiculous. Nothing anyone has to say is that important (with a few exceptions of emergencies.)
Ring tones are done as well. No one cares about what music you like or what sound clips you find amusing. But people might as well keep flushing their money down the toilets to personalize there phone. Don't forget the cute phone cover one must get.
Don't talk on your cell phones in the rain. Geez!