View post (Why do Rap artist grab their crotch)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/23/2006 6:38 am
doo do-do doo doo-oo-oo-oo OK! doo do-do doo doo-oo-oo-oo OK! doo do-do doo doo-oo-oo-oo OK! doo do-do doo doo-oo-oo-oo OK! doo do-do doo doo-oo-oo-oo OK!

Oh yeah, real poetry in motion right there... modern rap is about girls (but not refered to as girls, but as b*tches), money, flaunting of that money in some of the most retarded ways I have ever seen (such as grills, 24" spinner rims, and LCD tv's in places of the car that nobody can even see), it's also about growing up "in da hood" which, most rappers never lived "in da hood" so stop pretending! that's modern rap for you. now, you can't say that older rap was poetry though either, I mean, back in the 80's they were singing (or rather, rapping, since rapping is not singing because it doesn't require any vocal abilities) "I like big butts and I cannot lie!"

now that I'm done bashing on rap, I will say that yes I have heard some rap that WAS poetic, and was actually about something other than money. so I will not say I hate all rap. now, all that being said, I will admit that I actually do listen to rap. for the most part, I just hate rappers, not rap. and frankly, it's really the only kind of music you can actually dance to (other than techno, but that sets a different mood)

EDIT: oh yeah, and I don't believe that alot of credit should be given to rappers for their "talents" since the DJ is the one doing all the work. once you have a nice beat going it's really easy to lay some words over top of it that rhyme, and usually those words are the first things that come to mind, and for rappers, the first thing that comes to mind is always money or women. Don't believe me? you can find some free rap backings on the soundclick.com listings, just play them and start trying to rap over them with the first words that come to mind, you'll see it's way too incredibly easy.

/rant
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace