Just ranting

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
06/21/2006 9:10 am
lol i've always had freedom with my own money because i worked so so so damn hard for it and got NO allowance, but my mum would still guilt me wheneva i bought somn that seemed expensive.

Even now, i'm living alone in London well away from home, got a full time job and pay the bills and everything and i still can't tell her how much i spent on my last guitar :P i don't like being guilted of my pride and joy.
# 1
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/21/2006 12:56 pm
My mom wouldn't get me guitar lessons until I asked for them for a year. I begged persistently. Finally she got me them. So my advice=beg. That might not work, but it's worth a shot.
With one of my guitars (me beloved taylor) I combined it as a christmas and birthday present+I payed for half of it. You might want to try a compromise like that.

# 2
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/21/2006 1:14 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyMy mom wouldn't get me guitar lessons until I asked for them for a year. I begged persistently. Finally she got me them. So my advice=beg. That might not work, but it's worth a shot.
With one of my guitars (me beloved taylor) I combined it as a christmas and birthday present+I payed for half of it. You might want to try a compromise like that.

i did a similar thing ages ago...only it was for a stupid mobile phone...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
06/21/2006 1:57 pm
hahah im still working on the cell phone argument.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/21/2006 2:09 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraIt seems like cell phones aren't as popular in the U.S. as they are over here?

Everyone seems to have one over here, even little kids.

No, it's exactly the same here. I used to have one, because my dad was worried that I'd break down when I first started driving. I stopped using it though, and my mom started using it. Now I just rely on one of my friends to have one (because they all do).

# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/21/2006 2:17 pm
That's because you're in the misinformed loop. (I really do have to stop bringing this into every thread).

# 6
earthman buck
earthman buck
06/21/2006 3:24 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraActually, the loop i'm in is, in reality, more informed than anyone else on the board at the moment. :rolleyes:

Oh, you'll see.

*Enter earthman*

Loop loop loop. I can't wait to see how everyone reacts when they find out.
# 7
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/21/2006 3:47 pm
Is it going to be like a happy thing or anti-happy thing?

# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/21/2006 6:41 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyIs it going to be like a happy thing or anti-happy thing?

don't let them lure you in! you must stand firm in your own loop!

anyway, yeah my parents used to be like that. A while back I was saving up for a car, when suddenly this amazing deal came up on this amp I wanted. I had to have it. but I didn't have a credit card and therefore couldn't order stuff off the internet. my mom refused to buy it for me; so I took cash out of my bank (my parents had just recently signed it over saying that I could make withdraws and deposits without their consent because I had gotten a job and needed to deposit a paycheck every week) and I went and got a money order, which I mailed in, and I got my amp! needless to say, my parent's weren't happy. but I still have the amp, and frankly I couldn't be happier with it. nowadays I'm almost completely independent of my parents... they just feed me and give me a house to live in. I pay for all my other expenses, and transport myself wherever I need to go. they no longer have any say in what I buy or don't buy. This kind of independency is the kind I've been waiting for my whole life.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 9
pure
pure
06/21/2006 6:53 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyMy mom wouldn't get me guitar lessons until I asked for them for a year. I begged persistently. Finally she got me them. So my advice=beg. That might not work, but it's worth a shot.

If i keep saying "please please..." my dad will think I'm not growing up or something. he's a nice guy but he's strict as hell. and he like always gets the last word and stuff even when I know i'm right.

so..for my latest guitar I told my dad the school music teacher gets stuff half off and the teacher said i only have to pay him half of what he has to pay and its mine. so I told my dad I only had to pay $120 and that was my christmas cash anyway. :rolleyes:

...I think I'm the only person not in a loop so that makes me cool. :cool:
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.