View post (Just ranting)

View thread

acapella
acapella
06/20/2006 2:40 pm
So yesterday me, Brendon, and Luke went into the city to check out all the music stores. Brendon and Luke both got some new gear, but since I didn't have any money on me I just went to look with the intention to find what I'm going to buy. We went to five stores, and I found a nice sunburst Jazz Bass for only $619 (plus tax like $700 CDN). I love the sound, love the look, love the feel, and it's the only one that's any good for under $1000. But then I go home and my parents say that I can't spend that much money on more of that kind of thing (my parents still have signing authority on withdrawls), and I've spent too much on it already. I gave lots of reasons why I should get it. It's the best price for a quality instrument I could find, it has far superior tone, playability, build quality, and appearance than my current bass, my current bass is a beginner bass and I feel I've grown out of it, and it's not like I'm going to spend that money on anything else anyway. I spent as much money on a new amp last year, how is this different? Personally I think they just assume that I'll fail in any kind of music career I attempt and all my money will be wasted. I'm going to talk to them about it more and try to convince them. Anyway I'm not in a good mood now. Plus I'm just sitting here waiting for my dreaded music exam (AKA history of jazz). So anyway, yeah.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.