the mainstream

Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
07/01/2006 12:50 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanVH1 Classic, MTV2, and MTVU (mtv university... you only get it on college campuses pretty much...) are the ones that I watch. I hate MTV with a passion. MTV2 shows a lot of rock and older stuff like Beavis and Butthead and Headbangers ball...

I think the main reason that rock and metal have excited the mainstream seen so much is because history is slowly repeating itself in the music industry. Todays youth have become fascinated with the style of classic rock. You notice a lot of younger kids wearing Zeppelin shirts around or wearing tight bell bottom jeans... long hair... they really embrace that culture right now. I think that's where you get bands like Wolfmother... in the top 100 because they are really appealing to that niche market... that just so happens to be the "hot" thing right now.

I beg to differ...I see alot of kids walking around with zeppelin and '73 dark side of the moon shirts,and who then turn left and say "Yoyoyo homy, did you see that fitty is makin a new cd?" Rap and hip hop is becoming the more popular thing, and I for one hate it. I saw someone arguing about it on a forum, and someone goes, "If you take away rap, you take away the music that black people had when they were slaves, you take away that part of history." I answered that a, rap was not the music of slaves, rap was practically invented in the 80s, or at least made popular, and that b, the music that african american slaves had, (if I'm not mistaken) back then was gospel, which (Me being a Jew) is awsome.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 1
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
07/01/2006 12:54 pm
And, to add to that, younger kids, like 10-13, don't like anything except rap, practically, they only like rap, and nothing rock.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.