Need some assistance

gogogo
gogogo
06/16/2006 5:19 pm
:D Ok well I just bought a new highway one strat. Man she's a beauty and is like butter in my hands but the pickups...well they're just not cutting it. I'm looking for something that screams when overdriven ala SRV or classic Hendrix but can still step out and play some clean smoooothhh jazz/blues leads. Just something w/ a bit fuller tone than what the stocks offer. I can be more specific but my budget is $200 and under. Thanks :D
# 1
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
06/16/2006 5:28 pm
I heard the Texas Special PUPS have that SRV sound never played them personally.

Did a quick search and the price range seems to be in your neighborhood -- Retail(US) 130-175
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 2
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
06/16/2006 6:08 pm
A buddy of mine has a Strat with the Lace Sensor pups in it. Those pickups sound awesome....a lot fatter than most single coils.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 3
gogogo
gogogo
06/16/2006 6:18 pm
Great I'll check these out thanks again. Also what I was looking @ possibly combining pickups like say a blue lace sensor in the bridge and a texas special in the bridge is this a good idea or is it better to get all texas specials or all lace sensor or what??
# 4
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
06/16/2006 6:32 pm
I'm no tech and I don'thave my tripple gold, double platinum in a titanuim case with a diamond cover record yet :rolleyes:

But I have read many times alot of the "guitar gods" have different type pickups on their guitars.

The Texas Specials come in a 3 pack but I am sure you could find a single for sale.

I'd suggest taking it to a shop where they can remove yours and let you replace differnt types and play the guitar to find out exactly what you want but that would go way beyond your budget.
Plus alot of time removing and putting back differnt types and you would have what at least 27 different configurations you could choose from. Thats alot of removing and replacing.
and would be very costly for the average guitar player but if you know someone that could do this (with out screwing up yout GTR) then try it.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.