View post (Looking to buy an Epi Les Paul Custom)

View thread

jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
06/16/2006 6:53 pm
Tip for handling retail --Assholes-- .

IF you feel you are being mistreated or they are treating you like an idiot do this--

Go there find the Guitar you like Epi, Squire, whatever do not worry about cost if it is 200 so be it. Find your strap get some picks maybe a small practice amp if you don't have one, box o strings, tuner whatever.

Make sure that you have the saleman bring everything to the counter and as you bring out your cash (this would be preferrable to get your point across no checks or Credit Cards) decide you do not wish to purchase the items ask for a manager and tell him you were ready to purchase something from their fine establishment but becuase of the "crappy" attitude of the sales person you have decided not to purchase anything from them.

Harsh? Sales guy had a bad day?

1) I worked in retail as a deprtment manager (hated every minute of it/Home Improvement at that)) The manager will try to talk you into buying the items and may offer you a discount and regardless of the employees mood they are employed to get sell what is on the shelves not play guitars all day.

2) They are sales people and their job is to sell. I am in sales and purchasing for an international import/export company(10 years) and regardless of your day/mood (at times I wanted to give a few choice words to the idiot salespeople and clients) business is business and personal is personal they do not mix and by letting them mix you are driving away your clients.

The manager will either decide to reprimand the a-hole or convince you to continue with your purchase (he will help you himself and probrably call you names and things after you have left the store). But your point has and will come across.

Will this change anything? No. But you may get a cheaper deal by being a typical -- "A-hole customer is always right"-- stereo type.

Trust me it works. I had 3,000 knocked of a Ford F-150 by the owner of a car lot because the sales person did not do as I had wanted on the financing (as we discussed and agreed on) and 2 wastesd trips to pick up the vehicle pissed me off enough to tell the car lot to "shove-it".

Saved 3,000, lowered my financing. Should I have not been an a-hole myself??? Don't know and don't care. My money I work hard for it and will part ways with it however I see fit.

2 cents, off the soap box.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]