Certain songs, certain situations...

Joseph
Joseph
08/03/2001 5:06 am
The idea of being in your own world where no one can bother you, secluded yourself from others, (perhaps in a tree, in your room) just anywhere that away from those whom you feel can do you harm. I think for any sane indivual, (or for anyone who values their sanity) its important to have a few quiet moments alone everyday. Do you feel that you have to have just enough time to yourself in order to function properly?

Which reminds me of a Pearl Jam song "In My Tree": " I wave to all my friends, They don't seem to notice me Ah, their eyes strait on the street, sidewalks cigarettes and seams. Yeah. Yeah..." In some ways its about someone whos fed up with the world, and everything he sees reminds him of pain, and he has basically lost lost interest in all of the little things that used to make him happy. Which is something we can all relate to at one time or another, (but this feeling doesn't last long) not long enough to seclude ourselves from others permanently. Because if we did, we would be missing out on our fate, and the many opportunities that await us. And most trees are usually too crowded, believe me Ive checked..

This isn't exactly our normal length of conversation, but I guess being that I have been delving into the past as of late this is something thats on my mind. How we never get enough time to ourselves, where certain there are people that I don't exactly know how to let go of. I guess when you just listen to certain somngs, trhey tend to remind you of certain situations, and this is one of those times...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Willdridge
Willdridge
08/03/2001 7:03 am
I agree that it's vital you find some "quality-time" with yourself. There's only so much you can deal with in anyone day.
Personally, I spend a lot of time either in my bedroom, sat outside under a tree. Usually clutching my guitar and strumming a few things. Not really trying to practise anything, but seeing what comes up. It's nice to be able to relax and let your mind wander, without having to worry about ignoring someone, or having to pay attention at all. I think it gives you some time just to think things through. I'd recommend to everyone you find just ten minutes a day at least (definately more!) to yourself were you can just get away from it all.
Having said all that - it is healthy to spend time with others. Particular if they're people who you enjoy being with and feel comfortable around. Certain people can relax you just as much as sitting under a tree with your guitar.
It's all about balance.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.