Check out my band

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/11/2006 2:19 pm
Oks so we finally recorded something , Ok so it was recorded with a tape recorder and was improvised.... but i like it check it out dont judge on the bad quality judge on the music or at least what you can hear its pretty long but hey thats the way music is meant to be. Oh yea and also the vocals arent there yet buyt there are lyrics

http://myspace.com/shroudedblack
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
06/11/2006 7:14 pm
Well, you guys can certainly play. The doom-laden Lamb of God style stuff around the 1:20 mark was excellent, and I think I heard you hit a big juicy pinch harmonic around 1:24, which sounded great. I really liked the way you had the solo exploding out of the precision riffing section. It was a very good lead, in fact - your vibrato needs a little work, but you sure know how to bend!
I think this is begging for vocals, though - all the riffing and linear progressions by themselves for the full seven or so minutes became a bit tiresome. Even with them, you may find that it goes on a little too long for the average listener's tastes; you could probably shorten - or even sacrifice -the creepy guitar work towards the end. It's certainly got some potential to it. I look forward to hearing the finished product.
Good job! :)
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/11/2006 8:20 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusWell, you guys can certainly play. The doom-laden Lamb of God style stuff around the 1:20 mark was excellent, and I think I heard you hit a big juicy pinch harmonic around 1:24, which sounded great. I really liked the way you had the solo exploding out of the precision riffing section. It was a very good lead, in fact - your vibrato needs a little work, but you sure know how to bend!
I think this is begging for vocals, though - all the riffing and linear progressions by themselves for the full seven or so minutes became a bit tiresome. Even with them, you may find that it goes on a little too long for the average listener's tastes; you could probably shorten - or even sacrifice -the creepy guitar work towards the end. It's certainly got some potential to it. I look forward to hearing the finished product.
Good job! :)

HAHA YESS your my favourite person on this forum partioally because of the things ytou say and partially because your name is jiujitsu_jesus but thansk yea we got lyrics written now but the little weird thing at the end was the other guitar player and yea we were just jamming and it went a little too long thanks for all the good advice but i liked that clean part at about the 6 minute mark. Ill try to work this whole thing a little better next time and ill be sure to post it when its done
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
06/11/2006 8:32 pm
Originally Posted by: Poontang_clanHAHA YESS your my favourite person on this forum

Geez :o :o... I think I'm going to cry! :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/11/2006 11:23 pm
Oh Yea, BTW This whole song was improvised so we just need to learn all the parts and structure it
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.