Music Playing Exams

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/09/2006 11:59 pm
Ok i got 2 music playing tests one fore guitar one for jazz with crazy hard chords like f 13s and C diminished 7s and all those. extreme fingerpicking, alot of scales and a few modes, some in first position and some box form and a melody then a 24 bar solo and melody again playing to a cd. this seems like alot to learn in about 5 days any one got any good suggestions to learn these things well??
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
06/10/2006 12:09 am
Originally Posted by: Poontang_clanOk i got 2 music playing tests one fore guitar one for jazz with crazy hard chords like f 13s and C diminished 7s and all those. extreme fingerpicking, alot of scales and a few modes, some in first position and some box form and a melody then a 24 bar solo and melody again playing to a cd. this seems like alot to learn in about 5 days any one got any good suggestions to learn these things well??

Get the frick off GT and practice until you are seeing Cdim7's in your sleep.

That's the hypocrite in me talking. I'm in the same situation. Except I only have 4 days.
# 2
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/10/2006 7:23 am
erm, I spent about an hour practicing the stuff I had to play for my guitar class. and I got an A.

I only had to do a simple fingerpicking song and play the chords to "imagine" by john lennon. the most difficult of which was like a DmaddC... or something like that... it was like a Dm, except you put your pinky where your third finger usually goes, and your third finger on the C on the fifth string.

I was thinking of taking the advanced guitar class next semester (which is what I should have taken this semester, but I didn't know that this class would be this easy) but it doesn't work into my schedule :( so I'm taking a piano class instead.

oh, btw, just practice your ass off... that's how you learn things :p
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 3
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/10/2006 7:41 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrserm, I spent about an hour practicing the stuff I had to play for my guitar class. and I got an A.

I only had to do a simple fingerpicking song and play the chords to "imagine" by john lennon. the most difficult of which was like a DmaddC... or something like that... it was like a Dm, except you put your pinky where your third finger usually goes, and your third finger on the C on the fifth string.

that is impossible to do...like whuuut
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/10/2006 7:44 am
Originally Posted by: jeffhxthat is impossible to do...like whuuut

it's not impossible.. it's like this:

e|---1-- first finger
B|---3-- fourth finger
G|---2-- second finger
D|---0--
A|---3-- third finger
E|------

give it a try, it's not that hard. and sounds pretty cool IMO
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 5
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/10/2006 7:51 am
oh yeh,,,weird i din get it first time arnd..cud be becos my room is dark...i can hardly see what im doing
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.