View post (Have you set a deadline?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
08/03/2001 4:48 am
Originally posted by Bardsley
I have various reasons for that decision...

Hey, I know how it is, when you feel that you have so many other options that it would just be foolish to hang onto empty pocket blues, the possibility of one day making a comfortable living as a musician.

But for lot of these guys who set deadlines for themselves, well they lose that strong feeling of motivation. Where when the right opportunities come along, they are tied down too far to do anything about it. Where they no longer have a choice in the matter...

Although, there are many other aspects of my life that I want to fulfill that doesn't necessarily include music, so many other levels of potential that I want to live up to...With music, I think for the most part, I'm always going to leave that door open. Where I'll leave just enough space to see how far I could go, professionally. Otherwise I'll always wonder.

When you're a musician, talent and your an bility to work hard is very important. But timing is everything, and with being a musician, I feel that it's important to be fully prepared when the right opportunities come our way. But once we set a deadline for ourselves, I don't necessarily look at it at viewing things realistically, I see it as the first step in giving up..

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."