View post (Have you set a deadline?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
07/30/2001 2:27 am
For a lot of musicians, the reasons thewy get started is because they want to be on stage one day, they want to be able to communicate with others as well as reciprocate.

I know a lot of guys from highschool who have set deadlines for success, and since they haven't lived up to these expectations they have put their music career on hold. Now I know how important it is for a lot of people to get their lives in order instead of constantly busting their back for an opportnity that may never come.

However, for anyone who plays guitar, or any other musical instrument, It's important to know what drives you from the very beginning.

Personally, I can say with an honest heart that I've always wanted to find the right people to go on tour with, the right people to share my ideas with, but although this chance may not come up anytime soon this doesn't undermine my overall intentions when it comes to music and the guitar. I love creating music, its a part of who I'am, and although I'm working from job to job, I'm still very patient. So, its safe to say that I haven;t set a deadline for myself, for my apparent music career, or my chajnces for touring. I just try to take life as it comes, and use my talents with the guitar etc to the best of my knowledge and enjoyment...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."