7 string pickups

Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/07/2006 11:40 pm
ok i ordered an ibanez rg1527 prestige 7 string and i want new pickups for it. I play lot of metal, just alot of heavy stuff and also the whole shredding deal so i thinmk im gonna geta dimarzio evolution 7. But i dont know what to do for the neck pickup to get that clarity and note definition when shredding with alot of distortion. Any body know what i should be looking for or have a pickup recomendation for me?
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 1
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/08/2006 2:01 am
Why not do an evolution 7 in both spaces? That is what Vai does, and he certainly gets note clarity, in my opinion. The only other option I would reccomend is Carvin. Carvin makes some pretty good guitars, but I don't have very much experience with their 7 string pickups. All Carvin gear can be ordered directly from their site
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 2
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/09/2006 11:49 pm
Originally Posted by: The AceWhy not do an evolution 7 in both spaces? That is what Vai does, and he certainly gets note clarity, in my opinion. The only other option I would reccomend is Carvin. Carvin makes some pretty good guitars, but I don't have very much experience with their 7 string pickups. All Carvin gear can be ordered directly from their site

well i like steve vai and respect his music and the fact that he makes it but its not the sound im after but i read it has good harmonic response and know another guy who has one in the bridge. but i think im gonig to go for the evo7 in both positions if i cant find anything better
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 3
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/10/2006 3:38 am
ok i think i changed my mind and am thinking of the dimarzio Dsonic 7 in the bridge and the air norton 7 or blaze neck in the neck
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.