Guitars with MIDI/Piezo thingies?

Vegas Wierdo
Vegas Wierdo
06/06/2006 6:15 am
What all can that do? :confused:

Someone told me about a bassist who had that kind of doohickey on his rig... and he had it set up so whenever he went up to the 12th fret and beyond, pipe organ sounds would accompany what he was hitting (jazz walks, mainly).

All this fancy pants microchip computer stuff is beyond me. However, the general idea is an intriguing one.

What is the purpose of such a set-up? They seem to come standard with much of what Brian Moore (the "iGuitar") makes. And what all can you do with it? :confused: Please state it in language at the level of someone who never really graduated beyond old school Nintendo.
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/06/2006 1:35 pm
well firstly, Piezo and midi pickups are different things.

Piezo uses diamonds (if I am correct) in the saddles to pick up and acoustic sound...with Piezo equipped guitars, you can plug your guitar out as an electric (through the pickups) and an acoustic (through the piezo pickup system) this allows you to get electric and acoustic sounds from your guitar...and a blend of the two.

Midi pickups basically allow you to connect to midi products, such as the Roland Gk 20, and so on...the possibilities with midi connectivity are endless...you can basically make any sound you want with your guitar...sorry thats the best I can do.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
06/06/2006 10:10 pm
Gibson has created a digital Les Paul where you can adjust the volume, eq, etc.. of each individual string, among many other things....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/07/2006 8:21 am
Have they really? that sounds interresting...hmmm...I want to play one of those and see how much you do with it...probably hellishly expensive tho...although that seems like the kind of gimmick usually associted with cheaper guitars...maybe there'll be an Epi version
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
HDJ
HDJ
06/07/2006 9:32 pm
Here's a link to the digital LP.

http://www.gibsondigital.com

This guitar is limitless....You can even apply effects to individual strings.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.