View post (The review of the new ampeg)

View thread

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/29/2006 1:36 am
Well, I've finally made up my mind. I believe I am going to sell her... Wait! Hear me out.

The Ampeg, although I haven't gotten it repaired yet (I don't want to take it to guitar center with their ridiculously expensive repairman, and the other guy I know hasn't gotten back to me), is simply too large for me. Even if it had the most georgous tone in the world (which it might, if I ever do fix it), it would not be worth it to me, because it's just not feasible to bring it around with me. As a junior in high school, I'm not going to be landing any arena-sized gigs... I don't need that much power, and I cannot bear that much weight all the time. Perhaps if I had gotten the smaller combo this would be different.

As of right now, I've been getting by just fine using my school's solid state Fender Ultra chorus. It has all the power I need (with a large jazz ensemble, I still don't turn it past 2 or 3) and it is easily carried by one person. The distortion is pretty terrible, but there are ways around this. I've been going around to a lot of jazz clubs lately also, and the guitar players have been using small amps there (like less than 50 watts) and they have been fine.

So, although I would love to just have a massive Ampeg capable of destroying houses, it is not worth it to have cost me $500 (plus 100 shipping), when I won't be able to use it anywhere...

Sorry Ampeg... I gave you a shot, maybe when I'm rich and famous and have roadies and stuff I'll come back to you.

But the real question is - how to go about selling it? I've never sold something on ebay before...
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks