View post (The review of the new ampeg)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/19/2006 6:42 am
Well, I got to tearin' myself up about The Ace's amp problems, and I laid out the situation at the other forum I frequent. The members there are almost all gigging professional players with many years of experience. If there's something I'm not sure of, I can get the benefit of advice from some of the best minds out there.

The consensus is that a healthy VT-22 is a wonderful amp that does not misbehave the way The Ace has described his. He should take it to a good tech to get it fixed [u]before[/u] he spends any money on tubes. There may be nothing wrong with the tubes that are in it. The problems could be caused by something else entirely. This amp has had several owners over the last 30 years, and until someone competent 'looks under the hood', there's no way of knowing what kind of mods or bad repairs have been inflicted on it.

Check out my thread at >The Plexi Palace< forum Miscellaneous American Amplifiers section. This BBS is hosted by the Mojave Ampworks. They produce some wonderful boutique-quality amplifiers. And the PP board is a gold mine of knowledge for those who ask respectfully. If you visit, I strongly advise that you be on your best behaviour.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons