Have you visited your local dentist lately?

R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/07/2006 12:13 am
Believe me, I'm no fan of dentists either, and I agree that some dentists insist on unnecessary work, but still I think it's important to go every once in awhile. My sister (who is a nurse) just told me last week to make sure I take care of my teeth, not only for their sake, but that tooth decay is a leading cause of heart attacks in otherwise perfectly normal young people. If you get an infection in your gums it's really easy for it to spread through your arteries directly to your heart. It may not be super common, but it does happen.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 1
lyricchic
lyricchic
06/07/2006 7:08 am
Dentists are ridiculously expensive, but orthadontists I love. I got my braces off a couple years ago, but I swear I had vampire teeth before that. Maybe we should all just be dentists, so we can go buy ourselves new kick-ass cars.
Don't worry. I shred.
# 2
pure
pure
06/07/2006 1:05 pm
Originally Posted by: lyricchicMaybe we should all just be dentists, so we can go buy ourselves new kick-ass cars.

thats why i wanna be one
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/07/2006 6:12 pm
whatever I am (hopefully an electrical engineer one day) If I make enough money, I'll have decent car, and another Prs, a hollow-body this time, a Warrior, a Suhr, a Tyler, a Melancon, another Gibson or two, a few strats and teles...a few Gretschs and a few more Paul Reed smiths, as well as four of five Nathan Sheppards, a Godin or two, a Terry Mcinturff, and a Black Machine...I will always have nicer guitars than car (i say car in singular, because any money I could use to get a second car, is money I will have spent getting more top-end guitars...)
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
06/07/2006 10:37 pm
Originally Posted by: lyricchic but I swear I had vampire teeth before that. .

I love my vampire teeth. No quack is touching them.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/08/2006 3:31 pm
I haven't been to the dentist in like forever! I'm going to die of decay *cries*. My teeth will turn brown from drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. OH GOD! Ah well... I just won't smile anymore. Then no one will see. Smiling uses to many muscles anyways.

# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/08/2006 5:25 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyI haven't been to the dentist in like forever! I'm going to die of decay *cries*. My teeth will turn brown from drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. OH GOD! Ah well... I just won't smile anymore. Then no one will see. Smiling uses to many muscles anyways.

you're still married to jolly are u..

random thought
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
06/08/2006 8:12 pm
Originally Posted by: jeffhxim probably going to the dentists at the end of the yr..probably getting braces... metal mouth...yipee

Be sure to hold your face up close to the guitar and amp at the same time.... you'll get AWESOME FEEDBACK :p

Call it the "motorhead/metal mouth tribute to lem" song and post it :D

Sorry guy/gals weird mood today closed a big deal!!!!!!!!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 8
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
06/10/2006 3:11 pm
Okay this might sound like a stupid question... but how does tooth decay cause a heart attack. It is because they eat so many sweets that it clogs their arteries (yes I probably spell arteries wrong) and... I don't know... I know that isn't it. I'm going to google it. :cool:

# 9
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
06/10/2006 3:36 pm
i didnt know tooth decay can cause heart attacks... but then again nowadays u can die from anything...so im just enjoying time while im still alive...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 10
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
06/11/2006 2:20 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyOkay this might sound like a stupid question... but how does tooth decay cause a heart attack.

No, not a stupid question, I didn't know that info either, but she told me since your gums are linked with arteries, there's nothing to stop an infection from spreading directly to your heart. The exact specifics she didn't specify and I'm not too sure, like if it's from blockage, muscle seizure, or what. But to clarify, just pure tooth decay isn't the culprit...it's when it gets to your gums and/or the arteries feeding your teeth and flows in your bloodstream.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.