IS TERE A PRICE FOR FAME - RE SUBMITTED

Fenderblues
Fenderblues
07/25/2001 6:02 pm
I have edited this post to add the case of james hetfield (which has been posted already by someone whoe cares) who has enterd a clinic. Others to do this are ozzy and malcom young again only a couple mentioned, so again I as is there a price for fame.

An issue I think is important to mention, because with all that money and fame comes the pressures of lack of privacy, poeple coming out of the woodwork with stories to tell, the press hounding them. All that money, hell most of us drink they do it to a grater excess because they can and are pushed that way by the uncaring managers who have a greater control if their pets have a taste for drugs and booze.

If I were famouse would I go the same way as all the others, **** man, more than likely, after all I'm human.

It is a strange and sad fact that a lot of the great guitar heros as well as stars/singers die before what we feel is their time.

The likes of Randy Rhoads, SRV, Jimi Hendrix,Robert Johnson,Marc bolan, and then others such as keith moon, bonn scott, phil lynott, buddy holly, to name but a very small number have died at the very time that seems the most cruel. They had so much more to offer and such a long time to go and yet their lives were snuffed out. Perhaps there is a price to pay for talent and fame and perhaps the price is life.
the only thing left and probably the the best thing for us now is their legacy and music.

Music is in my opinion a life source of its own and breaths life into us all, however short our lives may be

While I'm sat here, Playin', I'm tryin' to free my mind!
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/26/2001 1:42 am
I think that being famous isn't that different than being a "normal" person. it's just that a lot more people know when you mess up, people notice when you die so young in some random accident. Of course, added pressures are there, but most professions now a days have pressure up the butt.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
07/26/2001 7:09 pm
a good point RASKOLNIKOV. But don't you feel that because they are famous that the press out their problems and report and embelish their escapades that we probably do but we are lucy enough not to be publicied about. Stress is in all our lives as you no and people do die young and in tragic circumstances, as you say, but perhaps we dwell on the famouse a little because in some way they are in our every day lives through their music, films the press etc.

I had not really thought about those we don't who die tragic etc, mainly beacaue I don't know them, so they have no impact on me.

As for being like normal people, not sure your right. We don't havr the press chasing and hounding us, reporting our sex, booze and drug anticks if we have them. We are not criticesd and stripped bare by the press and meadia and were not blamed for the kid who comitted suiced (ozzy has been)or the couple who kill because of a film (childs play)
we don't enemies or leeches selling lies or scrounging cash etc.

Fame - you can keep it, i'm happy as it is
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/26/2001 10:12 pm
You aught to try living in a small town sometime, you get a good idea what fame is like (since everybody knows you). Also, gossip happens, it's a fact of life. I don't see that much of a difference between a couple hundred people knowing what I did last night when I drank too much or a couple billion. But that's me.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
Fenderblues
Fenderblues
07/27/2001 6:26 pm
I think well agree to differ here, but i agree with you
# 5
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/27/2001 6:34 pm
Example:
"So, I hear you passed out by a kerosine heater saturday night and singed some of your hair off. Damn you smell."

Try that same general greeting a few times a week for serveral weeks. Sure, I don't have hundreds of photographers buzzing around my place trying to photograph my frizzled nub (by the way, it's grown back now), and I don't get recognized everywhere I go. But is it really that different?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.