Which single coils?

strat-man
strat-man
05/31/2006 9:34 pm
I'm lookin to change the pups on my axe and wondered if you guys could offer some suggestions, its a replica strat, alder body, hard maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, its well built stays in tune and plays nice but the pups are toneless (obviously el-cheepo to keep the price down) now i cant afford to buy a genuine strat caus like everythin in the uk (includin my divorce) they cost a fortune so i'm on a budget of about £180 max! dunno what that is in us$ bout 250 ish?, i've looked around there's a good selection in my price range i.e

Fender vintage noiseless
" 57/62
" texas specials
" tex mex
" lace sensor
Seymour Duncan everythin axe
Seymour Duncan california 50's

wondered if any of you guys use any of these? had any experience of any of these? i play mostly classic n modern rock and blues so a need somethin a bit versatile, any suggestions appreciated, thanx guys :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 1
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
05/31/2006 10:34 pm
Well, not sure about those but if you can ever go up to $300 I would get some kinmans. Personally, I worship them. amazing pickups. Check it out, It's worth the extra money. Hope that helps! www.kinman.com

(Sorry, not sure how much 300$ is for you in england.)
War?
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/31/2006 10:42 pm
Don't have a clue on prices but these were on my hard drive.

Vintage: Seymour Duncan Antiquity Strat, J.M. Rolph
Hot Vintage: DiMarzio FS-1, Rio Grande Halfbreed or Stelly
Noise-Free: DiMarzio Virtual Vintage
Ultra Hot: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails or Hot Stack.
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
06/02/2006 6:33 am
you all knew I would say it...Bareknuckle pickups man! you wont find anything better anywhere!
I'd try a set of Apache's in a strat, and if its a tele you are shopping for, a set of Pile Drivers is awesome...I've played guitars with both, and own two guitars with Bareknuckle pickups...if I could get them oput here, all of my guitars would have them...seriously the best pickups in the world.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 4
shadz
shadz
06/02/2006 9:41 pm
i've got the fender custom shop classic 50's in my strat, and they are pretty nice. the clean sound is great, very bell like harmonics.

as a suggestion, if you can find it in your budget, replace the rest of the electrics as well. the pickups won't be the only thing they cut costs on, and things like a new input jack and volume/tone pots will help you get the best out of your new pickups. you can get them all done at once, and even the good dimarzio ones aren't too expensive. i know in aussie dollars you could get 'em for probably about $50 all told.
# 5
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
06/02/2006 9:47 pm
I m biased. Texas Specials :) if you are looking to stay in the "strat" family.

I have played on them and I liked them.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.