satriani lick has me puzzled

"reddy"
"reddy"
05/30/2006 10:09 pm
Hi i've just signed up on this site and hope theres somebody here with some info on a trick used by satch. it's the one in cool#9 where he mutes the strings up the fret board and plays something crazy with his left hand masking it with wah wah effect. does anyone know exactly what he's doing with his left hand? is it a set pattern, an arpeggio or is it what looks like on the dvd a random group of notes hammered and pulled creating a very unusual sound. would appreciate some comments guys, thanks. :confused:
# 1
pure
pure
05/31/2006 1:27 am
satriani has me puzzled
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/31/2006 2:19 am
Originally Posted by: "reddy"Hi i've just signed up on this site and hope theres somebody here with some info on a trick used by satch. it's the one in cool#9 where he mutes the strings up the fret board and plays something crazy with his left hand masking it with wah wah effect. does anyone know exactly what he's doing with his left hand? is it a set pattern, an arpeggio or is it what looks like on the dvd a random group of notes hammered and pulled creating a very unusual sound. would appreciate some comments guys, thanks. :confused:

Probably scalar or modal legato. That's what Satriani normally does when it's really really fast. Hammer-ons and pull-offs, yes, but they're not random groups of notes.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.