G3 2001 was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
07/23/2001 11:50 pm
I live in Orlando and had the extreme honor of going to the final G3 show on the tour this year. It started at 7 and i got there at 3 so I got to stand by the stage and I got Steve Vai's pick (the One he used to play For the Love of GOd with!) IT was one of the best experiences of my life! Satch even pointed at me for like 4 seconds cause i was going crazy for him. Anyway, if any of you get the chance , go! If you went this year how'd you like it and who played the best set? In my opinion:
John Pet. played the most energetic set
Vai was the best showman
and Satch was the overall best.
What do you guys think?
# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
07/24/2001 9:03 pm

Yeah, I went to the G3 show in Denver. It was a great show.
# 2
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/02/2001 12:47 am
Ok, how about this. I went to the Anaheim and San Diego shows (both incredibly awesome) and at the San Diego show (Humphrey's by the Bay - a really small venue outside; the sky was clear and it was a full moon!) my friends I had got a room there for the night - the venue is part of a hotel. So anyway after the show we were walking back to our room and we passed John Petrucci by the pool. Oh yeah! If thats not enough, half an hour later we were sitting in the outside corrider next to our room. Now the place there is set up so that the backstage area is right next to the rooms and this corridor leads to it and to the front of the hotel where their busses were. All three bands had a rrom next to the stage for the day, however. So we're sitting in that corridor next to the backstage area which is guarded by some jerk who wouldn't let us get a look back there, and guess who comes walking out of there towards us. Mr Steven Siro Vai, along with his wife Pia (I think) and Dave Weiner. i'm surprised I didn't black out right then. The whole incident is a blur in my head. So he walked right up to us on his way to the bus and we stopped him for a second to chat shortly and he signed our ticket stubs which are now priceless to me and shook our hands. I SHOOK STEVE VAI'S HAND, the hand that has picked millions upon millions of glorious notes!! I happened to have my guitar but no one had a permanent marker. Rats! Oh, well, I'll just have to track him down again. If that still isn't enough for you, 10 minutes later Satch makes an appearance and we joked around with him and Stu Hamm (his bassist). Joe did have a marker on him, and he signed my guitar and Stu signed my ticket stub. I'm telling you, of all the crazy things I never expected to happen then, this was at the top of my list. I still can't get over it. The one and only thing which could have possibly made my night any better was if I had met God shortly thereafter.

Anyway, that show was the best cincert I have ever been to. The PA system and sound was perfect and the performances were stellar. I took a lot of pics with my digital camera but sadly only two came out becuase the lighting conditions weren't the greatest for amateur photography. So there's my wild story.
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 3
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
08/02/2001 2:26 pm
Thats awesome man.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.