View post (New to the forum...)

View thread

pure
pure
05/30/2006 1:16 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswell, I am going to also recommend the line 6 spider II... I own one, and I think it would be the perfect amp for beginners, it has lots of different tones from playing jazz to metal. It'll get you started, and will be a good amp for quite a long time to come.

HOWEVER, I will not recommend the 1x12 version with 75 watts! this is WAY too loud for someone just starting out. sure, it has alot more features, but that'll only confuse you because you won't know what you're doing yet. I say get the 15 watt version, because:
A: it's the cheapest, at $160, saving you enough money to buy other things you'll need (tuner, cable of at least 10 feet, and a stand will be the bare essentials)
B: it offers plenty of features to get you lots of different tones to try alot of stuff out to see what you like
C: at 15 watts it won't be so loud that you disturb everyone in a 10-block radius of your house! sure, it's not loud enough to be an on-stage amp, but you're just starting, so I'm thinking that you aren't thinking about playing on stage anytime soon anyway.

also, spend the $5 a month on this website, seriously, the thousands of lessons that you get ARE worth it! I'm not an owner of this site trying to sell you anything or anything like that, I'm just a member, and I think that the lessons on this site will definately help you out in the beginning. plus it's only $5 a month!

i seriously think he should get the 75 watt one because if he is like me, (on a very cheap buget) he wont be getting a new amp for a long time. the 75 watt amp will last him alot longer than the 15 watt one. if he really wants a quiet basic amp he can get a 15 watt amp much cheaper than $160.

ok and A: why would he need a 10 foot cable if the amp's not good enough to perform live?

B: the 75 watt version offers plenty features also

C: there's something a very smart guy invented called a "volume knob" that can make things louder or quieter when turned. plus on my 15 watt amp i still had to keep the thing at 1-2 or else itll be too loud.

if all the features are gonna confuse you, then just research them. even "gain" confused me and its on like every amp.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks