View post (Anyone have an XBox 360?)

View thread

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
05/23/2006 8:07 pm
I think I should take a moment to name myself the expert gamer here at GT. :cool:

To answer the first post about oblivion freezing,they are working on a patch.I play oblivion on my PC(which is a completely different game when pushed to its limits)and have the beta patch.It should be out soon if not already(you need xbox live for access to patches and official add-on's).

That said,if you have a capable computer rig,I would encourage you to check out oblivion for the PC.The mod community has done amazing things to improve the visual quality and gameplay to make oblivion a true marvel.

As for the console/PC wars...I need to see where the cards fall.From a blind perspective(is that possible?)I will toss my pick at sony.Sony has plenty of time to position themselves,work out hardware/networking problems if they arise and a great amount of third party support(as always).

The 360 had a rough launch(smooth compared to some past consoles like saturn),but its future line-up down the road looks promising.The hardware still hasn't been fully tapped yet either.The problem microsoft is going to have is keeping the system looking viable next to the cell proccessor,RSX gpu and the high profile titles that sony will no doubt have.If sony creates a solid online network that is comfortable for players and rivals xbox live then the 360 will most likely play second fiddle to the ps3.

Nintendo has really taken a step backwards(for the better)and focused on the intuitive side of gameplay.Remember the power glove,lightguns e.c.t?Well they are basing the Wii around the user interface rather than whats under the hood of the console.Miyamoto(nintendo legend)has acknowleged that they arn't competing with sony or microsoft.Nintendo seems to be looking to hold on to its fanbase with its current franchises and attract others with good interactive gameplay.

And last but never least,the PC.People prophesize the downfall of PC gaming with every new batch of consoles...but it never holds.The PC is extremley scalable and the Graphics technology is always in motion.You can now build or have a pc built the surpasses the PS3's specs many times...for the price of a used honda civic.But the insane prices for bleeding tech are short lived and everything settles at the feet of the consumer.It costs millions to get a game on a console.Small,but talented teams and studios can bring their visions to life on PC at a fraction of the cost.

Mark this date in your mind or write it on the wall just so you remember...I am going to set a date here at which point consoles will again be no match for a mid-range consumer PC technology wise.

January 1'st 2008

If I am wrong may the world collapse.

Thats my thought on it all at this point.
Try once,fail twice...