View post (Anyone have an XBox 360?)

View thread

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/23/2006 3:10 pm
i have a feeling sony are going to sneak a controller revision or a different version of the controller in before the release, they can't get away without vibration by rehashing a Nintendo concept that doesn't really hold much ground with their games anyways.

In my opinion there is nothing next gen about x360 or indeed ps3. they're still using polygons, they're just using more - so what. true next generation is the move from 2d to 3d. Lets face it consoles have stopped trying to set game trends and started to heavily compete with pc hardware, and that in itself is a mistake, though quite inevitable.

What makes a console is a game, without halo the xbox console would have become extinct a year after it's release.

Still dissapointed with the PS3 - sony have a way of overstating console specs constantly, they did it with ps1, and the ps2 emotion engine.

xbox have a way of hyping everything to complete obsurdity (i remember them saying they were going to sell 1 billion x360 consoles in E3 2005 - yer right, that's the biggest load of crap i've ever heard, i was actually laughing through that press conference).

Nintendo on the other hand have a habit of understating and underhyping everything - which is a mistake of sorts because there's not much nintendo awareness, but then again they're a niche market.

i've just totally gone off games now, no time to play them, rather go out with friends and get drunk, or go to party, or hang out with my girlfriend then race through 35 action packed dynamically responsive cities with immersive graphics and realistic sounds - not saying that in a elitist way btw, i'm just saying that games imo can get pretty old pretty quick.