View post (Anyone have an XBox 360?)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
05/23/2006 2:45 pm
Originally Posted by: suicidalmooseThe PS3 was a dissapointment because after all that research and money and delay, they announced

1) that it would cost a crapload of money (and trust me a lot more then the x360 when it's released and

2) that the games were pretty standard (ie the graphics looked the same as xbox360) and

3) that the controller was almost EXACTLY the same except without the vibrate feature just so some flight sim nuts can use the controller to land their planes.

1. It's going to cost more becuase the technology is going to be better... Sony had a year plus to develope their system... This gives them the advantage because they were able to look at feedback from the 360 and learn from what mistakes they made...

2. The graphics are going to be better than that of the 360 throughout the actual gameplay. Did you watch any of the E3 specials on G4TV. It was insane... Even all the press have pretty much said the PS3 has a slight edge. Mainly because they spent more time developing the main hardware. The games run smoother than the 360 games.

3. If you were a true Sony fan... you'd appreciate the fact that they're not going to change the controller. I'd rather have the same controller that I've had for the last two generations with minor upgrades than have to adapt to an entirely new controller...

I'm waiting for the PS3 becaue IMO it's going to be a better console than the 360... the 360 is sweet though... The Wii looks kind of childish... I'm not a fan of any nintendo system past Super Nintendo. Even then I preferred Sega... The contoller concept is cool... but I think Sony did it right in making the motion sensor a secondary function of the controller rather thant he main focus... It's a cool concept but I think it will flop in the end... Just like Virtual Boy did....