View post (Guitar Maintanence)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
05/26/2006 3:08 pm
Originally Posted by: suicidalmooseI know it is dyed because it's a limited edition ESP LTD that's supposed to be pitch black all ova, not sure if it's a bad quality wood, seems ok to me :P btw is there anything i can use to polish the fingerboard so it maintains that awesome black look or am i just gonna have to grin and bear it as it slowly because ordinary looking?

Ebony is Ebony either way... But, there's really nothing that you can do to keep your fretboard from fading. If it truely is dyed... it will start to wear after time. That's why higher priced instruments get the high priced Ebony that won't fade as much.. or at all. You kind of just have to deal with it. You can still clean it and what not. But the fretboard itself will end up fading in color as you play it more. I like the look of a worn in fretboard personally. haha. But I like beat up guitars too... Just something about a guitar that's been around nad has a ton of battle scars.

See my pics link below to see a pic of two of my Strats... the black one carries more stories with it than I can even remember.