Latest here: http://www.geocities.com/fanlee_rhs/ParaProj60501.htm
Robbo
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/16/2006 2:22 pm
I wanna build my own guitar. I love these little installments. Gives me something to look forward to. :)
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/16/2006 11:02 pm
Some thoughts on the problem of gluing-up a doublewidth binding strip:

If the finished height will be only slightly higher than a single width, you might be better off pre-cutting the added strip to roughly half the original width, and then installing the binding with the full-width part of the glued-up strip standing proud of the body. This would avoid the risk of having the glue seam very close to the finished edge, where it might fracture. If you can get identical binding material (colour-match!) in the same thickness and half the width, that would be favourite!

Don't worry about the 'wheel marks' until after the binding is installed, unless they are quite deep. The edge of the guitar body will need to be scraped after the binding is applied anyway. This process will remove enough material that the bearing marks should disappear. I find that the large single-edge razor blades with the folded steel backing make excellent disposable carpentry scrapers. I long ago stopped bothering with the fuss and bother of maintaining a decent edge on a proper scraper. For narrow flat areas like a guitar edge, razor blades are ideal.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
RobSm
RobSm
05/18/2006 10:05 am
Your thoughts are always valued.

Thanks mate!!
Robbo
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.