Digitech Grunge Settings

suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/09/2006 6:36 pm
I was wondering whether any1 had some advice for setting this thing up. I use the suggested settings however this pedal is pretty fiddley with what it likes and not.

if you haven't got this pedal in particular, what are generally suggested ways of getting the right metal sounds when you have 4 knobs, volume, low, high, and gain? It's a pretty awesome pedal and it produces kick ass distortion i was just wondering if there were tricks to pedals that i should know about.
# 1
acapella
acapella
05/09/2006 7:59 pm
Oh man, oh man oh man. My advice, get rid of that thing. I know people who have them and if anything they make your guitar sound worse. They are terrible!

Anyway, on to the rest of your question. Basically with distortion, it's all about ratios. The more distortion (or "gain") you have, the less volume you should have, to keep things even so that you get a distorted tone and can still make it out. As far as low and high, just whatever sounds good to you, I think.

Maybe there's more to it than that, and if so I'll be very happy to learn.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
Rsam16
Rsam16
05/09/2006 8:02 pm
hmm... I don't know.

Maybe you should(if you already haven't) check out the digitech Sound Community.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_list_messages.asp?productid=205

you might find some advice there.

hope it helps :)
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 3
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/10/2006 11:29 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaMy advice, get rid of that thing. I know people who have them and if anything they make your guitar sound worse. They are terrible!

it's actually pretty awesome, but maybe the people who have them don't set them up right, it's really very very fiddly, but if you run it through the right amp (i've got a microcube so i guess its pretty versatile) it sounds pretty sweet. it's not meant to sound pretty though, it sounds dirty and gritty as hell!
# 4
suicidalmoose
Full Access
suicidalmoose
Full Access
05/12/2006 8:12 am
I guess it really depends on what kind of music you play. some ppl say it beats the boss pedals some ppl don't. but i'll defend this pedal because so far for me, combined with my other pedals and my microcube, it's done pretty damn well at making my guitar sound dirty and powerful.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.