View post (Help me design my guitar :))

View thread

pure
pure
05/08/2006 8:32 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanIf you're looking for something to put on your pickguard...and you like Jimi Hendrix... check out the guitar that he painted for the Monterey Pop Festival.... it's the red and white one with rose vine and roses on it. It's the guitar that he so famously "sacrificed" on stage. Look around for pics of it... If I find one I'll post a link.

Here's the Custom Shop Replica of it at Ed Roman Guitars....

http://www.edromanguitars.com/avail/guitar/fender/monterey_950.jpg

Should spawn some influence... I would think.

that's beautiful! i might do something like that.. but not as girlish

and to PRSplaya, my heritage.. I'm from Kenya, moved to america when i was 5, and i really don't care about the complexity. I've been drawing and painting as long as i can remember. i think the first time i picked up a pencil i was drawing. i can draw and paint really good, and im a better drawer than painter. to give an example of my abilities, if i had a picture of you, i could draw you.

with that in mind, i really dont care about the detail i just want something that looks good. EDIT: i don't really care if its ancient design or something, i just want it to do with nature. like leaves and vines or something. sorta like that hendrix strat.

also, what's that thing you put on paint when you want it to shine?
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks