Boss ME-50 problems

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/05/2006 2:11 am
Ok, so I'm not exactly sure on what the source of the problem is. My Boss ME-50 is having problems with getting power. When I plug the adapter in, most of the time it doesn't work and I've used the Boss adapter that goes with it as well as a multi-purpose adapter and both gave it the same problems. However, when I put batteries in the pedal it worked on the first shot. I'm thinking there's a short or something in the power input. Any suggestions on getting it fixed?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/05/2006 2:46 am
I have the same problem with my Boss DR-5 Drum Machine. Exact diagnosis. Maybe Boss has a quality control issue here.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
05/05/2006 4:25 am
To get it fixed correctly you will probably have to send it to Boss. You could probably find an electronics shop that can fix it locally though. It's probably just a loose connection inside the unit. A little soldering action would probably fix it right up.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/07/2006 3:52 pm
Problem solved. Turns out it wasn't the pedal. I'd tried one last power adapter before I looked into repairs and I've yet to see any problems, so I guess Boss can make a good pedal, but no such luck on their adapters.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.