View post (The importance of an amp vs Line6)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/26/2006 4:42 pm
It sounds like on your budget... You might as well do option 2... More bang for you buck. The tricky part will be to find an amp that has plenty of giggable power for around 400 bucks or so... Not sure what the translation of your currency would be to mine (USD) but the POD is the way to go... or even a GNX3 or 4 would be great. Finding an amp with a good sounding clean channel with a lot of power is pretty much what you need. I would look at something in a 2x12 combo... with around 100 watts. With your budget I really think anything in a tube configuration is going to be out of reach... so look for solid state. You don't need to go out of your way to get a modeling amp... since you're going to run a POD through it anyway... And you don't have to be worried about the distortion or gain of the amp either... since you'll just set it to totally clean and pretty much bypass the amps preamp by using the preamp of the PODXT..... So try some different amps out. Look for the Fender 212FM (I think that's what it's called...) It's got pretty much what you need... and it's a basic amp...