View post (whats with all the screaming)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/26/2006 1:42 pm
I have agreed with you on many of the points that you've made... And I'm not arguing with you as much as I am trying to make you see that this is all opinionated... and realistically you shouldn't let someones opinion effect you so much. If there is one thing that you should learn from your bands that "growl"... it's that no matter how many people tell them they should get a real vocalist... they don't care. And, in turn, niether should you. It's your music, you like it... it shouldn't matter who else likes it or doesn't. It's pointless to argue about opinions because no one will ever be right. But either way, we're not against anybody here. If you feel so inclined... make a thread asking who LIKES screamers/growlers... or specific bands... then you can find people here that like that stuff and you can share your opinions rather than argue about it in a thread that is mostly inhabited by people that say they're not big fans.

And for the record... I like some growlers... One of my favorite artists use to be Aaron Lewis... Who did a great job of mixing vocal styles on their first album Tormented then on their second (first major release) Dysfunction... I also like listening to Mudvayne, In Flames, Killswitch, Children of Bodom, and Trivium.... I just don't prefer it and I don't call it "my kind of music". I enjoy all music for what it is.