View post (whats with all the screaming)

View thread

dying2live_00
dying2live_00
04/24/2006 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: aschlemanIn order to keep peace in this thread... I know I'm not a moderator... But, I don't suggest coming on the forums just to tell people that their opinions are "ignorant". If you think that "there are a lot of ignorant comments here" then essentially you're saying each of us that states our opinion is ignorant... I think everyone that posts here regularly... unlike you... with your 2 posts... is well aware of the debate over growling, screaming, and singing... The fact that it is hard on your vocal chords... That is a fact... I'm also pretty certain that no one here needs you to point out that what they're saying is their "god **** opinion" (see forum rules about language use). I think they're well aware of their freedom of speech. And anyone should respect that. I'm glad you like music with harsh vocals. Because I'm sure we all have very different tastes... I just think it would be the wiser if you didn't come on the boards and start throwing your weight around... especially when you have 2 posts...

Debates on this subject are obvious... so for everyone... IT'S A MATTER OF OPINION! RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION IF YOU WISH YOUR'S TO BE HEARD!

and Akira pretty much called that one!!

First of all, i really don't think the number of posts i made should affect my opinion, especially since this is my first day even signing up to this website anyway, second, i never said all the opinions expressed were ignorant, but i can't help thinking that it's ignorant to say that harsh vocals are crappy and were invented for people who aren't good at clean vocals. this is not factually correct at all and going on guitar sites posting threads about how crappy harsh vocals are is definetley "throwing your weight around" because you can't expect people to respectfully disagree to such an offensive criticism. and again it is more difficult to sing with harsh vocals even though it may sound pretty easy to growl a couple of words, screaming various songs full of harsh vocals is a lot more exhilarating and consists of straining the vocal chords a lot more. also, even though it may also sound "strange" or "crappy", harsh vocals are very important in expressing the lyrics in songs much more effectivley and the harshness of a vocalists vocals has a great effect on the effect a song has. imagine serious screamo or death metal songs sung with friendly, clean vocals, when the lyrics are full of hate, death, and pain? although it's not very mainstream (which is actually considered a good thing among true metalheads) it is nevertheless a very important way of singing with a better effect at the appropriate times and if you still don't like it, i'm not saying your not supposed to express your opinion but there's a difference between saying that you do not really like this style of singing, and saying that it is simply "crappy". this goes to all of the people who posted offensive and unreasonable posts on the topic.