View post (whats with all the screaming)

View thread

acapella
acapella
04/24/2006 7:33 pm
Originally Posted by: dying2live_00for those of you criticizing harsh vocals on no ground, i think you should know what you're talking about before actually talking. harsh vocals are actually harder than clean ones and unlike simply being gifted, u have to also train your throat to sucessfully hold even one note while growling, try it out yourself. also, its well known that harsh vocalists can almost always sing perfect clean vocals, while clean vocalists can never sing harsh vocals without at least lots of training. and another thing, if you simply say that harsh vocals "are crappy", its just you're goddamn opinion and not everyone agrees with you, I personally really love music with harsh vocals.

I actually disagree with that. I wouldn't say I have "perfect" clear vocals, far from it. But I find it ridiculously easy to scream or "growl" in the right notes, even before I started practicing singing. I'm still not very good but it took me practice to get even this far, where as screaming and growling I just always could do for fun.

Also I agree with aschleman...I wouldn't try to start any fights with two posts, especially when you are expressing the opinion that people who are expressing their opinions should not express their opinions because their opinions are different from the opinions that you express. :confused:
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.