View post (whats with all the screaming)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/24/2006 7:13 pm
Originally Posted by: dying2live_00for those of you criticizing harsh vocals on no ground, i think you should know what you're talking about before actually talking. harsh vocals are actually harder than clean ones and unlike simply being gifted, u have to also train your throat to sucessfully hold even one note while growling, try it out yourself. also, its well known that harsh vocalists can almost always sing perfect clean vocals, while clean vocalists can never sing harsh vocals without at least lots of training. and another thing, if you simply say that harsh vocals "are crappy", its just you're goddamn opinion and not everyone agrees with you, I personally really love music with harsh vocals.

In order to keep peace in this thread... I know I'm not a moderator... But, I don't suggest coming on the forums just to tell people that their opinions are "ignorant". If you think that "there are a lot of ignorant comments here" then essentially you're saying each of us that states our opinion is ignorant... I think everyone that posts here regularly... unlike you... with your 2 posts... is well aware of the debate over growling, screaming, and singing... The fact that it is hard on your vocal chords... That is a fact... I'm also pretty certain that no one here needs you to point out that what they're saying is their "god **** opinion" (see forum rules about language use). I think they're well aware of their freedom of speech. And anyone should respect that. I'm glad you like music with harsh vocals. Because I'm sure we all have very different tastes... I just think it would be the wiser if you didn't come on the boards and start throwing your weight around... especially when you have 2 posts...

Debates on this subject are obvious... so for everyone... IT'S A MATTER OF OPINION! RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION IF YOU WISH YOUR'S TO BE HEARD!

and Akira pretty much called that one!!