View post (whats with all the screaming)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
04/24/2006 5:09 pm
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709I believe all bands reserve the right perform their vocals any way they damn choose. If u can't deal with it, no one's gonna make u listen it. who cares what kind of "spectrum of people" it appeals to. Trivium is badass btw.

I'm not trying to negate anything that they've accomplished. And I'm not ignorant enough to see past the fact that each individual owns their own freedom of speech and action... I stated a personal opinion. Of course no one is going to make me listen to it... because I would probably shoot them in the face... That doesn't mean that you, or anyone else, can't like their music. I was simply saying that I agreed with the title of this thread... in that, I don't like music that has screaming vocals...

My comment on "the spectrum of people" is coming from my opinion that all the bands I listed are very talented bands... If they didn't scream... I believe their success would be much greater. Because by and large, Screaming vocals will turn more people off than attract people. You can dispute that... but like I said, you have your opinion... I have mine... so atleast leave me with that. I wasn't tryint to offend you or any band that I listed...