Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/24/2006 12:47 am
If you want something that can really shot the s*** out of something, build a potato gun. Just be careful with them once intoxication sets in... :p
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 2
rockonn91
rockonn91
04/24/2006 1:47 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiThat sounds more like a pellet gun.

yeah, it shoots those too.

heres a pic... kinda.

its got these inch and a quarter long darts that you load directly into the barrel. theres a kind of barb thing on it. pretty nasty.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 3
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/24/2006 3:58 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguy...build a potato gun.

Potato guns should always be constructed, loaded, and operated responsibly. According to the ATF:

"ATF has previously examined "potato guns" or "spud guns" as described above and has generally determined that such devices using potatoes as projectiles and used solely for recreational purposes are not weapons and do not meet the definition of "firearm" or "destructive device" in either the NFA or GCA. However, ATF has classified such devices as "firearms" and "destructive devices" if their design, construction, ammunition, actual use, or intended use indicate that they are weapons. For example, ATF has classified such devices as "firearms" and "destructive devices" if they are designed and used to expel flaming tennis balls."
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/24/2006 6:00 am
yeah we all just got airsoft pistols. $20 a piece, and got 1000 bullets for $5. they hurt pretty bad if you get shot on bare skin at close range (like the way I somehow got shot in on the neck from only a few inches away and it left a little red mark for a few days... long story) but seriously, wear some jeans and a sweatshirt and go run around in a place with some hiding spots and you're fine. my gun holds 20 bullets (21 if you put 20 in the clip, **** it, and load one more into the clip). I think it's like 180 f.p.s. or somewhere in that range, so it's a pretty low powered gun (considering you can get some pistols with 350+ f.p.s.

EDIT: the language filter picked that up! lol. but you know what I mean.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/24/2006 7:57 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs(21 if you put 20 in the clip, **** it, and load one more into the clip)

A more accurate and censor-friendly way of wording that is "chamber a round". A weapon can be c0cked without being loaded and the action of c0cking a firearm does not inherently load a round into its chamber.

Btw those things you fill with bullets are magazines, not clips. "Clips" are something entirely different and the two terms are not in any way interchangable.

Yes, I'm obsessive about these things.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
04/24/2006 8:16 am
6 strngs.. look.. right now.. I'M da man.. you know why?

cos im drunk

again

finally

woot

WOOT
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 7
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
04/24/2006 10:28 am
Originally Posted by: jeffhx6 strngs.. look.. right now.. I'M da man.. you know why?

cos im drunk

again

finally

woot

WOOT

Ah yes, but 6strngs is capable of getting drunk illegally :p ;) .
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 8
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
04/24/2006 11:14 am
darn...thats true.. lol
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
04/24/2006 12:57 pm
When I was in high school my friends and I were always carrying around our paintball guns. It was pretty interesting, it got to the point that you had to carry it around in your car because it seemed like everywhere you went there was someone ready to unload on you... whether it be in the walmart parking lot, the school parking lot... the baseball field, or even inside school on the last day of school... welts were plentiful my senior year. It's wierd that this subject came up because I convinced a few of my friends to go out and buy a paintball gun so we can have another war this summer.
# 10
earthman buck
earthman buck
04/24/2006 3:33 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiPotato guns should always be constructed, loaded, and operated responsibly. According to the ATF:

"ATF has previously examined "potato guns" or "spud guns" as described above and has generally determined that such devices using potatoes as projectiles and used solely for recreational purposes are not weapons and do not meet the definition of "firearm" or "destructive device" in either the NFA or GCA. However, ATF has classified such devices as "firearms" and "destructive devices" if their design, construction, ammunition, actual use, or intended use indicate that they are weapons. For example, ATF has classified such devices as "firearms" and "destructive devices" if they are designed and used to expel flaming tennis balls."

Ah, potato guns.

My dad's friend once built this potato gun. Actually, it was more like a potato bazooka. It was this big metal tube with sharpened edges on one end, so you could put a whole potato in and it would shave off the excess stuff so it fit perfectly. Once it was in, you'd spray some hairspray in this little chamber at the back, then fire up a sparkplug. It would ignite the hairspray and launch the whole potato ridiculously far.

Unfortunately, I never saw the thing in action.
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/24/2006 6:43 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusAh yes, but 6strngs is capable of getting drunk illegally :p ;) .

I think the only reason I was able to get the other things was because it's only a year and a half until I'm 18, and both of those things aren't really dangerous anyway.

but, if I wanted to get drunk illegally, I could call this chick named melissa up, and within 20 minutes I'm sure she could be here with about 10 friends, a keg, and enough weed to get half the city high. :cool:
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 12
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
04/24/2006 7:10 pm
damn it.. id wish i were you...then again id haad ebough of that stuff...
# 13
aschleman
aschleman
04/24/2006 7:24 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs
but, if I wanted to get drunk illegally, I could call this chick named melissa up, and within 20 minutes I'm sure she could be here with about 10 friends, a keg, and enough weed to get half the city high. :cool:

Hm... So what's that number???

Don't worry... there is life after you turn 21... A life of drunken nonsense... atleast that's how it's been for me the last year and a half.
# 14
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/24/2006 7:47 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckUnfortunately, I never saw the thing in action.

You need to fire a potato gun sometime. They're more awesome than can be described in words.

Hairspray isn't the only usable fuel in potato guns. I've seen a sold-fuel "potato gun" launch a beer can filled with cement over four hundred meters. It wasn't a legal device.
-A.H.
# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/24/2006 8:44 pm
Ha, yes. Tractor ether is a also always a sure fire ignitant.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow

METOOB
# 16
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/24/2006 10:12 pm
It's important to never try holding an overly powerful potato gun. They should be self-supported like a howitzer. One should also never even think about building a suppressor for a potato gun. If my memory is correct the penalty for posessing a suppressor or the means of attaching one in the United States without the proper license is 10+ years in jail.
-A.H.
# 17
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/24/2006 10:39 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiYou need to fire a potato gun sometime. They're more awesome than can be described in words.

Hairspray isn't the only usable fuel in potato guns. I've seen a sold-fuel "potato gun" launch a beer can filled with cement over four hundred meters. It wasn't a legal device.

Potato Gun????? That's a cannon.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 18
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/24/2006 11:32 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaPotato Gun????? That's a cannon.

The original idea was to load it by filling the entire barrel with spud pieces and only using a small amount of propellent. It was only after a couple weeks of use that anyone realized how perfectly cans fit the barrel. I'm sure you understand how easy it is for experiments in such situations to escalate in risk.
-A.H.
# 19
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
04/24/2006 11:53 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiIt's important to never try holding an overly powerful potato gun. They should be self-supported like a howitzer. One should also never even think about building a suppressor for a potato gun. If my memory is correct the penalty for posessing a suppressor or the means of attaching one in the United States without the proper license is 10+ years in jail.

It's OK, I live in Canada.

METOOB
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.