View post (How do you feel about your musical career?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
07/13/2001 3:37 am
Music is in my blood, I swear, because I just can't stay away from it. I can't stay away from the idea of being creative through music, whether theres a record contract around the corner or not. A lot of people set deadlines for themselves, to kind of give themselves an idea if they're wasting their time with slave practice schedules. Well, regrdless on whether or not I get my music out to the public (the mainstream) I won't have any self regrets for all of the time Ive put into practicing and recording music, because its all been for my own personal satisfaction.

I started out on the panio at a very young age, and I shifted to A nylon acoustic guitar, I practiced fingerstyle as if there was no tomorrow, (which requires a lot of patience) and I'm thankful for the knowledge I recieved at such an early age which has given me a strong head on my shoulders now that the years have progressed. I've written hundreds of songs, and also there are hundreds of unfinshed ideas laying astround on paper, and cassette. Ide love to have the opportunity to record all of this stuff for real, but time hasn't been on my side as of late. Nor have I found the right people to collaborate with. But still, I keep my fingers crossed, and i'm optimistic that the right people will come along, with a strong level of patience (which i have acquired over the past several years.) Hopefully, one of these days I'll have a healthy music career, because its always something I thought I would doing professionally. I haven't played in a band since highschool, and I miss it. In highschool, you get the feeling that comes over you where you think you've got it made, and nothing could go wrong. But people chance, their level of motivation doesn't always stay the same, and its just too bad that most people today don't thing in terms of longevity when it comes to a music career. Instant success was never soley on my mind, because hard work always gets the job done. And if not, so far Ive had a great ride...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."