Beginner Computer Recording

heknowsnothing
heknowsnothing
04/20/2006 8:00 pm
OK, I have no experience with recording via computer. All of this MIDI and loads of mixing equipment confused me.
I was planing on buying the Line 6 toneport but my PC is not compatible. It requires 512mb RAM (i only have 128) and Pentium 4 or higher (ive got celeron). So my computers not the best and my budget is only about £100 (around $180 i think).
So I am looking at the M-Audio Fast Track USB interface. Would that be compatible with my computer (ask if you need further information). If not or you don't advise it, please recommend something else. I only want to record myself on guitar and want good quality sounds. I want something with Effects software aswell. Also, the Fast Track has no recording software, would it work with Audacity?
Im not ok. Im not okhayhay. Im not ok.
Im not O f****n K.
# 1
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
Grambo
halfway to somewhere
04/30/2006 6:07 pm
Hiya, I've been using the above software for four years - I started with Magix a German company but couldn't get on with it !!!!, and cannot recomend it !
With Cakewalk I tried using the line - out of a Marshall valvestate, bit I had a lot of Hum problems when using the distortion channel.
Now i use a Digitech Artist modelling guitar proccesor through a Volume control I made ( which is a 470Kohm Potentiometer) straight into the Mic input, it gives a very Hum free sound - for the vocals i use the clean channel of the valvestate.
Cakewalk Guitar Tracks is simplicity to use, I think there is a proffessional version available now and I might well upgrade.
if you always take the lazy route
The Devil knows your every move ![COLOR=RoyalBlue]
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.