about MIDI and SONAR 3...please read

quickfingers
quickfingers
04/20/2006 7:21 pm
i recently got a little home recording audio/MIDI input device about a week ago, and i was hoping it would solve my problem with sonar. no one ive talked to knows why (other than the fact that my SONAR was installed on a burned disk) but MIDI clips do not play on my computer. i have some other programs that take advantage of some MIDI device crap, and they work fine, but SONAR does not. i dont have WAV. file drum loops, only MIDI, and they wont work. since getting my input device, the light comes on and detects MIDI sounds when i lay down some notes, but alas, no sound comes out of my speakers. my input device came with cubase recording software, which i havent had enough time to figure out exactly how to lay down MIDI notes on it yet. from what i can see, cubase doenst have a piano roll screen that allows you to input the notes in free time. maybe its becasue i dont konw my way around the program, or maybe i need to use a MIDI device like a keyboard to put MIDI sounds in on cubase. im not totally sure...does anyone have any advice/past experiences with this that would help me?
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/20/2006 7:50 pm
In my Cakewalk software I have to select from a list of output devices. Under midi options (you may check in the help section search for midi outputs if your menus are different) make sure you have a working device selected as the midi output.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
thewizzard76
thewizzard76
05/11/2006 7:56 pm
use ableton live 4 or 5.much more easyer to configure and use!!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.