View post (Am I learning properly...?)

View thread

joehere1
joehere1
04/23/2006 4:29 am
hey man im 41 and been at it steady for 5 months and i still cant play a song, i can play about 7 chords and switch reasonably well, it takes alot of practrice and time
ive only missed 2 days since i started and my playing is getting better all the time and you wont notice as much as other pple will so keep on strumming

try some finger exercises there all over the web easy to find and stretch a few times a day i mean your fingers lol

and pick 3 chords and practice switching them while strumming slowly,then pick another 3 and so on

mabey start with a,d then e and when you get them down move to g,c and d and then work on the dreaded f but it will get better just practice every single day ok. slow at first then the speed will come, better to get right and then get it fast

keep at it every day and dont give up, my wife hears me once in a while and says holley s@$#@t ur playing and it sounds nice but its just out of my head i guess i should sit down and learn a song already lmao

knockin on heavens door isnt to bad try that one its only G,D,aM then G,D,C then ur on your way start with two strums on G then two strums on D then 4 strums on aminor then repeat with G and D and 4 strums on C then repeat
but just keep at it, time will do the job ok :)