View post (Am I learning properly...?)

View thread

Hardrive
Hardrive
04/19/2006 9:51 pm
Hiya guys.
I started with an Acustic about a month and a half ago and learnt about tabs and some chords and was eager to play some tunes so i learnt, Mission impossible, Preaty woman, Angie the simple chord version, twinkle twinkle the single note melody and some others along these lines and have since bought guitar pro 5 to read tabs but they are very confusing as there arre so many instraments. anyway i sold my acustic in order to buy an electric and still plucking away like mad at least 2 hours a day 5 days a week to learn one song before i move onto another and everything ive learnt has been through this site i highly recomen it to anyone who is starting out.
This is my problem i think my minds abilaty out weighs my fingers abilaty and it doesnt make for a good combanation and im looking for a good way to try to get my fingering abilaties better as there is so many songs i wish to learn.
the other problem is finger placement with tabs its just seems impossible to get them at times especially with guitar pro some of the notes it says its just like the kamasutra for guitarists lol.
Im going on a bit now but my questions are.
Finger placement on tabs?
Get better dexteraty, acuracy then speed. with fingers and plec
any ideas for a good song to learn from this site?
Am i trying to go to fast?
Yours Hardrive
If your Fingers aint bleading you havent practiced enough...