View post (I'm fat)

View thread

acapella
acapella
04/01/2006 8:42 am
Well I don't know if you are fat, or not, or what, but if I wanted to lose fat here's what I would do. First of all, don't starve yourself. You should never feel really hungry. To accomplish yourself, you should eat smaller meals throughout the day, with the added benefit that you're body can digest food much more effectively this way than three large meals, and you will get more of the nutrients from food and less will turn into fat. Also pay attention to what you are eating in these meals. An apple or carrot is not a meal. You should have some protein in all these meals, be it meat, cheese, whatever you want, just look for low-fat sources. This will aid muscle growth, and the more muscle you have, the more fat you will burn during any activity, including rest. Also, eat carbs in these meals, which will give you energy and make you feel full so you aren't tempted by junk. Also, try to cut out sugar as much as possible, it really isn't doing anything helpful.
Remember it is a combination of what you eat, and how much, not just one or the other.
Also, nutrition is only one side of it. You need to be doing excercise to burn those calories. For fat loss, cardio would be the best kind of excercise. However I recommend you try some resistance training too, because as I mentioned, muscle burns more fat.
Hope this helps! Good luck, and post some pics of your transformation if it turns out more dramatic than you anticipated ;)
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.