View post (Would it be better for music if we let guitar take a hiatus?)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
07/09/2001 4:48 am
I'm just getting to Lordathestrings here, haven't read past his post yet...
That comment about the washed up 45 year olds was I knew when I wrote it, a bit unfair, but I was trying to convey an atmosphere. It applies to people of any age, and creativity stems from anywhere, but I think you might know what I meant by that statement. In fact, what is worse is the amount of people my age that refuse to listen to anyhting new, despite not even being around during the 70s etc.
I listen to a helluva lot of live music, where I agree, interesting stuff is happening, but why isn't it on the radio? I never really listen to radio, I get a better ratio of good tunes to crap with my CD player, and the good stuff filters down to me usually.
The comment of americanised (the z you put is in itself an americanisation, neither good nor bad, just funny that it crops up in the word) was I guess something I said because of the way it feels from here in oz. Australian rock does have its own style, distinctive to a degree from US stuff, but there is a lack of ethnic variances that is odd. Sure, rock music is probably American to start with, so its no surprise that it continues to dominate the rock scene, but stilll... somehting niggles.
I know I went a bit over the top, but frustration sets in.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".