Insert profane word here.

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 10:17 pm
So I chipped a tooth today while eating cashews. It's one of the ones far in the back right next to where the wisdom teeth come in. It's gay, the edge keeps rubbing my tongue when I talk. Is there anything a trip to the dentist can do for me now? Or should I just file the tooth down myself? I dunno, I can't say this happens very often so there you go.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 10:31 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneyeah, once i chipped my front teeth; was walking and taking a sip out of a bottle, and stepped on some uneven pavement :eek: I went into the dentist and they said they could file it, and the cost was... exorbitant... so... I went and got a carbide file and did it myself. They were like blades before I did it, and kept cutting my lips.

Teeth suck...

Only when they don't work right. I guess I'll just have to file it down. At least it's a back tooth.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/23/2006 10:37 pm
Once I was playing racquetball with my friend, and he ran into the wall while trying to return my serve. A piece of his tooth flew out. Upon closer examination, it was not actually his tooth, but a piece of the wall. That's right. Apparently his teeth are stronger than brick.
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 10:38 pm
Man... that sucks. My teeth can't even handle a freaking cashew nut.

Hulk Smash!!

# 4
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
03/23/2006 10:38 pm
How badly did you chip it? It is is cracked way down into your tooth - you might want to go see a dentist...if the nerve gets exposed you will have a whole different problem and it won't be pleasant...

But if it is not chipped that deep then by all means file away.... I have a Dental plan so It doesn't cost me when I go to the Dentist for stuff like that anyways... So I would have a professional do it...

Your not afraid of the Dentist are you Cryptic??
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 10:40 pm
It's just the top that's chipped. It's not bad. There's nothing exposed. And I"m not afraid of no stinkin' dentist.

Hulk Smash!!

# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/23/2006 10:43 pm
The new avatar throws me off Cryptic. Yeah tooth pain sucks. If I wasn't afraid of antibiotics I'd have my widoms pulled.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
03/23/2006 10:47 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaThe new avatar throws me off Cryptic. Yeah tooth pain sucks. If I wasn't afraid of antibiotics I'd have my widoms pulled.

If you think his avatar throws you off - you should see his tattoo. :D

I had my wisdoms pulled, all four of them at once... and I didnt' get antibiotics...
I was severly sedated for it... I was in the chair apparently for over an hour - but it seemed like five minutes to me...hehe They said I talked constantly...

But no antibiotics... and I'm still here...
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 10:48 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaThe new avatar throws me off Cryptic. Yeah tooth pain sucks. If I wasn't afraid of antibiotics I'd have my widoms pulled.

A reference to the new avatar. Finally, I thought no one noticed. It's a picture of the eye of horus that I drew. Here's a close up if you want to see it better. And I still have my wisdom teeth. They only hurt when they rip through the gums, but aside from that I haven't noticed them. I'm hoping that I don't have to get them pulled. I'm not afraid of the dentist, but getting a tooth ripped right out of your mouth? Doesn't sound very cool.

Hulk Smash!!

# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/23/2006 10:55 pm
Yes, Eye of Horus, it's cool I like it. It's just I had associated you with the filthy miner for so long you know? My dentist told me that it's a bacterial infection that causes the pain and not the tearing thru the gums. This is how I found out that every antibiotic I take tries to kill me. I knew I was allergic to penicillin but the rest was trial and error and I was worried for a while.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaYes, Eye of Horus, it's cool I like it. It's just I had associated you with the filthy miner for so long you know? My dentist told me that it's a bacterial infection that causes the pain and not the tearing thru the gums. This is how I found out that every antibiotic I take tries to kill me. I knew I was allergic to penicillin but the rest was trial and error and I was worried for a while.

Filthy? Are you saying I'm filthy? You look at this picture and tell me where there's any filth.

Hulk Smash!!

# 11
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
03/23/2006 11:02 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsFilthy? Are you saying I'm filthy? You look at this picture and tell me where there's any filth.

Was that your previous avatar? That's not how I remember it - I thought it was a sexy stripper like miner.... Not that dude...

Wow I obviously let my imagination go wild there - didn't I..
# 12
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/23/2006 11:04 pm
The pic was taking to long for me but I will say this.....A miner with no filth is no miner at all.

magicninja has much wisdom.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/23/2006 11:04 pm
I had a tooth pulled once, it was one of my canines. it was just a baby tooth though, they had to take it out because the adult tooth under it wasn't growing in straight because the baby tooth wouldn't come out by itself. my baby teeth all fell out really late. hence the reason I never got braces until I was 15.

I just have to keep telling myself I only have 6 more months with these damn braces. :o
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 14
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 11:05 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeWas that your previous avatar? That's not how I remember it - I thought it was a sexy stripper like miner.... Not that dude...

Wow I obviously let my imagination go wild there - didn't I..

Well... y'know... in actuality I am a big, sexy, stripper like miner. Perhaps my lucious words of ecstacy were what took your mind on a magic carpet ride.

Hulk Smash!!

# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/23/2006 11:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsFilthy? Are you saying I'm filthy? You look at this picture and tell me where there's any filth.

which came first, your avatar, or this post in the SEX thread
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72109&postcount=34
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/23/2006 11:17 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswhich came first, your avatar, or this post in the SEX thread
http://www.guitartricks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72109&postcount=34

My internet's being screwy so I can't see the pictures and the link in the post won't work so I'm not sure what it is, but I think I know what it's a pic of. If that's the case then that picture came before I got that avatar, but my use with the avatar stretches back to high school which was long before I joined this website. I'd post a link to the website I was using it on, but again, my internet's being lame so I can't.

Hulk Smash!!

# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/24/2006 12:54 am
The tooth, it is no longer a problem. I've since filed it off and thanks to some pointers via PonyOne, I've even come across a toothpaste that I'm probably going to use from now on. It doesn't taste thaaat bad.

Hulk Smash!!

# 18
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/24/2006 5:27 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsA reference to the new avatar. Finally, I thought no one noticed. It's a picture of the eye of horus that I drew.

Oh! I thought it was an ear of corn... :o :o :o
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 19
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/24/2006 4:51 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOnes'all about saving lives :cool:

Seriously, I really like the new tooth paste. I don't think it tastes completely awful and I think it does a better cleaning job than the kind I was using before.

Hulk Smash!!

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.